Thank you for your interest in a career with Hotter.
Have a read through all the details below and if you think this is the job for you we'd be delighted to hear from you.
Simply fill your details in the form below, include some information about why you think this is the role for you and upload your CV. Our HR team will have a look at your application and let you know the next steps. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure the store achieves maximum profitability through achieving/exceeding budgeted sales, controlling branch costs and stock losses to the levels agreed.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
1. To achieve all sales targets.
Sales targets are met or preferably exceeded on a regular basis.
2. To effectively manage the shop floor to ensure the store achieves its conversion targets.
The store achieves targeted conversion rate. Shop Floor Management is evident.
3. To ensure customer service expectations are met through the team and leading by example.
Regular custom is built up due to their satisfaction with the service offered via feedback from our customers.
4. Ensure that ATV targets are achieved, and all staff are introducing additional products such as shoe care and accessories.
5. To actively explore alternative footfall drivers including store events and WI talks.
Individual and store targets have been set and monitored within Power BI.
Minimum of 2 in store events / talks carried out per year. Footfall levels are maintained.
6. To ensure good customer relations by adhering to company policy especially in respect of refunds, discount and exchanges.
Company policies are adhered to always.
7. To ensure that sales and promotions are actioned in line with company policy and requirements.
8. To ensure all team members are up to date with their e-learning programmes on next steps
Company policy is adhered to always.
Automated weekly reports issued and access available to the manager.
MERCHANDISING AND DISPLAY
9. To display and merchandise stock to its best advantage, to maximise sales and adhere to company policies and format.
a. Best styles and colours are always in the best positions.
b. Displays are always attractive, commercial and eye-catching following the company VM guidelines.
c. Windows are in line with company policy and company guidelines.
d. Ticketing is accurate and appropriate.
10. To maintain the appearance and condition of the branch including sales and stock areas, arcades and fascias.
The whole shop is always neat, clean and of best possible appearance. All maintenance issues reported timely to the Area Manager.
11. To ensure the security of stock including infringement the compliance with all laid down procedures.
Lack of stock losses and of procedures.
12. To maintain stock in perfect condition.
Stock and boxes are always in the best possible condition.
13. To check all incoming stock/transfer deliveries through facilities available.
14. To ensure maximum availability through stock accuracy.
Any errors are adjusted through the appropriate procedures.
Weekly cycle counts to be conducted and results reported back to an area administrator.
All adjustments to be reviewed weekly.
15. To deal with all stock returns to the warehouse or transfers to other branches.
All returns to head office or transfers despatched accurately and promptly adhering to company guidelines.
CASH HANDLING AND SECURITY
16. To ensure that cash is handled and supervised according to company instructions and with common sense where appropriate.
No cash losses. Banking agrees with returns and paying in slips.
17. To be responsible for the security of stock and premises to minimise losses.
No losses incurred.
18. To ensure the security of the branch each night by following the procedure for locking and alarming the premises and keyholder list up to date.
Premises are secured and alarmed and staff trained on security procedures,
19. To investigate any cash handling and/or stock discrepancies and liaise with the Store Manager.
Discrepancies are identified and investigated promptly and discreetly.
20. To check personal belongings of staff on a regular basis.
Personal property is checked regularly and logged.
21. To deal with customer complaints/feedback effectively on their merits and to follow company guidelines.
Lack of unnecessary correspondence from customers to head office.
Customers are dealt with pleasantly and always.
22. To agree the manning levels/costs with the Store Manager.
Costs are controlled within budget.
23. To ensure that the store is staffed so that adequate sales assistance is available to achieve maximum sales at any given time through the workplace management system.
24. Ensure yourself and your staff are available to assist in other locations when required.
25. To manage under performance within the team and have a good understanding of the disciplinary procedures.
Staff are enthusiastic, and high morale exists always. Hotter values are evident throughout the team.
Maintain inter store relationships for the efficient productivity of the area.
Evidence of documented meetings.
26. To maintain high standards of morale and enthusiasm among all branch staff always. All staff to embrace the hotter values. Leads by example.
The company values are demonstrated through performance and attitude of the team.
27. To ensure that all staff are instructed on health and safety and are aware of their responsibilities.
28. To ensure that all staff conform to company dress policy in relation to wearing of badges, uniform and company shoes.
New store induction and the Health and Safety guidelines is adhered to always.
Company dress policy is fully observed always.
29. Ensure that legislation affecting the customer, visitors and team is implemented.
No infringement of legislation occurs.
30. All company policies, systems and procedures are implemented.
No deviation from agreed policies and systems.
31. To undertake any other projects as and when required.
Application closing date: 30/09/2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Of Work: 16
Posted: September 3, 2019