To ensure the store achieves maximum profitability through achieving/exceeding budgeted sales, controlling branch costs and stock losses to the levels agreed.
Sales & Customer Service
- To achieve sales targets through effective shop floor management that achieves conversion targets.
- Ensure that ATV targets are achieved and all staff members are introducing additional products, such as shoe care and accessories.
- To actively explore alternative footfall drivers, including store events and WI talks
Merchandising & Display
- To display and merchandise stock to its best advantage, to maximise sales that meets brand policies and guidelines.
- To ensure the security and condition of stock, including stock control, transfers and accuracy.
Cash Handling & Security
- To ensure that cash is handled and supervised according to company instructions.
- Responsible for the security of stock and premises to minimise losses.
- To ensure the security of the branch each day, including following the procedure for locking and alarming the premises.
- To ensure customer service expectations are met through the team, and leading by example.
- To ensure good customer relations by adhering to brand policy, including refunds, discount and exchanges.
- To agree the staffing requirements and work to agreed budgets that provides appropriate sales assistance to deliver turnover and control costs.
- To manage the performance of the team, including disciplinaries; and to create a highly performing, highly motivated team.
- Manage the development of team members, including e-learning and development.
- Retail team – Area Manager, Assistant Manager (if applicable) and Customer Advisors.
- Brand team – Marketing and Creative.
- Support functions – including Retail Support, Customer Services, IT, Merchandising, HR and Finance.
|Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific Qualifications required:
- Ability to lead, encourage and develop teams to be high performing.
- Be a great communicator (verbal, written and presentation) with great people management skills.
- Good organisation ability and forward planning. Thinks well on their feet.
- Understands the importance of delivery great customer service and putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Strong commercial acumen and merchandising awareness.
- Good understanding of P & L and budgeted financial KPIs.
- Proven record of delivering sales and is motivated to work to targets and deadlines.
- (At least 2 years ) management experience managing a team of 5 – 10
Desirable role requirements
- Footwear/fashion experience
- Knowledge of EPOS systems
- Computer literate and knowledge of word, Excel using outlook.
- Knowledge of local competition, retailers and external partners in the area.
- Ambitious, Passionate, Courageous, and can deliver results whilst working as a team
- An Inspirational brand ambassador that leads from the front.
- Positive and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Deliverers clear expectations to the team.
- We achieve our goals effectively and efficiently.
- We meet deadlines
- We are determined to be the best
- We try things out and learn from our mistakes without fear
- We respectfully challenge one another and speak up
- We embrace change
- We respect our people
- We care for our customer.
- We are passionate about our brand and what we do
- We talk and listen to each other
- We value each other
- We work together
- We think big
- We suggest new ideas and make a difference
- We celebrate success