To assist the Store Manager on maximising sales and supervision of staff. Providing the best possible customer service and ensuring all operational standards are maintained.
Sales & Customer Service
- To be aware of all sales targets and KPI’s.
- To effectively manage the shop floor to ensure the store achieves its daily targets.
- To deliver the best customer service and lead by example, including returns.
- Ensure that ATV targets are achieved and all staff are introducing additional products such as shoe care and accessories.
- To complete all e-learning programmes and H.O.T.T.E.R, in the time frame required.
- To assist in the timely launch of any sales and promotions, which may require working out of hours to complete.
Merchandising & Display
- To display and merchandise stock to its best advantage, to maximise sales and adhere to company policy and format.
- To maintain the appearance and condition of the branch, including the shop floor.
- To assist in the preparation and execution of stock takes.
- To maintain stock in perfect condition and in alphabetical order.
- To scan in all incoming stock/transfer deliveries.
- To ensure maximum availability through stock accuracy. Check negative inventory daily.
- To process all stock returns to the warehouse or transfer to other stores.
Cash handling and security
- To ensure that cash is handled and supervised according to company instruction and with common sense where appropriate.
- To be responsible for the security of stock and premises to minimize losses.
- To ensure security of the store by locking and alarming the premesis as required.
- To investigate any cash handling and/or stock discrepancies and liaise with SM.
- To check personal belongings of staff on a regular basis.
- To agree the manning levels/costs with the Store Manager.
- To ensure that the store is staffed appropriately for maximum sales.
- Ensure yourself and your staff are available to assist in other stores when required.
- To ensure that all staff are instructed on health and safety and are aware of their responsibilities·
- To ensure that all staff confirm to company dress policy and lead by example.
|Legislation and Policy:
- Ensure that GDPR legislation is implemented at followed at all times.
- All company policies, systems and procedures are implemented.
- To ensure that staff understand and are aware of their individual sales targets.
- To be personally aware of the store sales target on a daily/weekly basis.
- To motivate and encourage the team to reach all agreed targets.
|Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific Qualifications required:
- Ability to lead, encourage and develop teams to be high performing.
- Be a great communicator (verbal, written and presentation) with great people management skills.
- Good organisation ability and forward planning. Thinks well on their feet.
- Understands the importance of delivery great customer service and putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Strong commercial acumen and merchandising awareness.
- Proven record of delivering sales and is motivated to work to targets and deadlines.
Desirable role requirements
- Computer literate and knowledge of word, Excel using outlook.
- Knowledge of local competition, retailers and external partners in the area.
- Ambitious, Passionate, Courageous, and can deliver results whilst working as a team.
- An Inspirational brand ambassador that leads from the front.
- Positive and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Deliverers clear expectations to the team.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- We achieve our goals effectively and efficiently.
- We meet deadlines
- We are determined to be the best
- We try things out and learn from our mistakes without fear
- We respectfully challenge one another and speak up
- We embrace change
- We respect our people
- We care for our customer.
- We are passionate about our brand and what we do
- We talk and listen to each other
- We value each other
- We work together
- We think big
- We suggest new ideas and make a difference
- We celebrate success