Thank you for your interest in a career with Hotter.
Have a read through all the details below and if you think this is the job for you we'd be delighted to hear from you.
Simply fill your details in the form below, include some information about why you think this is the role for you and upload your CV. Our HR team will have a look at your application and let you know the next steps. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Assistant Merchandiser Head Office
We are currently looking for a hardworking and pro-active Assistant Merchandiser to join our Merchandising department, who must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- A very strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Pro-active and motivated way of working
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good listening skills
- Be able to manage and prioritise workload independently
- Have a positive attitude towards change
- Ability to develop own views around products and be able to actively contribute to discussions
- At least 2 years’ experience required at Assistant Merchandiser level
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is essential
Role & Responsibilities:
To support the Merchandiser in the day-to-day running of the product range covering all sales channels, and assist the Merchandiser with keys tasks to deliver sales and margin targets whilst delivering end of season target stock levels.
- Assist with running of weekly reports covering Sales, Stock, POs and Cover. Review data and provide insight into figures. Form recommendations to discuss with the Merchandiser and agree proposed actions to drive sales and margin.
- Share cross-range department responsibilities with other Assistant Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser such as product setup, PO date amendments, raising of POs and barcode loading.
- Carry out ad hoc analysis as required by the Merchandiser outside of normal BUA tasks. Review data and propose actions to drive profit.
- Assist with WSSI maintenance and management. Flag any issues noticed within the WSSI data that may require action.
- Raise product range POs as required by the Merchandiser. Work with the Merchandiser to carry out size ratio analysis to use on the buys.
- Manage all product setup process at season start-up and throughout the season, maintaining 100% accuracy throughout.
- Carry out basic brochure checks as required by the Merchandiser, feed change requirements back to Marketing team.
- Perform website checks to ensure the product range covered looks as desired on the web. Advise improvement suggestions and work with the Web Administrator to enact change requirements that drive sales and customer experience.
- Assist the Merchandiser with Critical Path maintenance to deliver key tasks in a timely manner. Flag potential issues surrounding the critical path to the Merchandiser.
- Assess purchase order chase/defer requirements and highlight to the Merchandiser. Work with the Production department to action requirements and confirm actions back to Merchandiser. Monitor PO date slippage and flag issues, investigate slippage with Production
- Setup and maintain all product prices with Navision for range of products covered. Enter Mid-Season Sale, End Of Season Sale and New Season prices in a timely manner. Advise Web Administrator when prices are correct to link up Contact Centre and Web prices.
- Maintain product detail sheets (Bibles) to ensure accurate single sources of Merchandising and Design information.
- Enter brochure product details into master template detailing brochure covers, envelopes, opening spreads, offers and pagination.
- Work with Merchandiser to perform brochure/email/store window selections. Feedback change requirements to relevant departments. Maintain selection data in relevant spreadsheets.
- Assess Hotter competitor’s actions and Hotter price relevance in the marketplace. Highlight risks and opportunities – especially at key times of pricing and forecasting.
- Help maintain Line Cards for the product range. Highlight any potential issues or opportunities to the Merchandiser.
- Assist with Lessons Learned and Range Planning data and analysis as required by the Merchandiser.
- Perform analysis on Old Season stock levels, develop suggestions on what products require promotion. Work with the selling channels to promote and sell slow moving stocks whilst maximising margin.
- Work with the Merchandising Allocator as required to manage the product range store availability. Confirm actions taken back to the Merchandiser.
- Cover product availability with the Warehouse teams, ensuring inventory is available in pickable locations to support department sales.
- Carry out weekly reviews of stock by channel to ensure stock is utilised in the most efficient channel. Propose and execute actions to drive sales and profitability.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise to excel in this role, please apply using your CV and Cover letter
New applications are no longer being accepted for this role.